RelieVRx (formerly EaseVRx) is the first and only FDA-authorized at-home immersive virtual reality (VR) pain treatment indicated as adjunctive treatment for chronic lower back pain (CLBP).1,2
RelieVRx is clinically demonstrated to decrease pain severity and pain interference in the lives of patients experiencing CLBP.1SEE THE PROOF
Non-pharmacologic pain treatment at home
Chronic pain sufferers need lasting relief
Despite an increase in available pharmacological interventions, more than 64.5 million US adults continue to experience lower back pain.4,5 A comprehensive approach is needed to improve patients’ lives.
Learn how a new approach may help address the gap in treatment
Sign up for information
Stay on the cutting edge of pain management by registering to receive updates about RelieVRx and educational information for you and your staff.
Indication for Use
RelieVRx is a prescription-use immersive virtual reality system intended to provide adjunctive treatment based on cognitive behavioral therapy skills and other evidence-based behavioral methods for patients (age 18 and older) with a diagnosis of chronic lower back-pain (defined as moderate to severe pain lasting longer than three months). The device is intended for in-home use for the reduction of pain and pain interference associated with chronic lower back pain.
There are no known contraindications.
- RelieVRx [instructions for use]. Van Nuys, CA: AppliedVR, Inc.; 2021.
- AppliedVR Press Release. Accessed January 18, 2022.
- Garcia LM, Birckhead BJ, Krishnamurthy P, et al. An 8-week self-administered at-home behavioral skills-based virtual reality program for chronic low back pain: double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial conducted during COVID-19. J Med Internet Res. 2021;23(2):e26292. doi:10.2196/26292
- Price JD, Barbour KE, Liu Y, et al. State-specific prevalence and characteristics of frequent mental distress and history of depression diagnosis among adults with arthritis -- United States, 2017. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019;68:1173-1196.
- United States Census Bureau. Accessed February 17, 2022.
RelieVRx was formerly known as EaseVRx.