RelieVRx—first in a new class of non-pharmacological pain treatment1-7
RelieVRx is the first comprehensive, immersive adjunctive VR treatment for chronic pain to ever be FDA-authorized.
RelieVRx promotes neuroplasticity and enables patients to build long-term skills to respond to pain.
The RelieVRx Program
RelieVRx engages pain centers through various ways:
Responsive training environments enhance diaphragmatic breathing allowing patients to activate and control their parasympathetic response3
Each week of RelieVRx treatment builds on the previous one, establishing a foundation for pain relief1
The 8-week curriculum includes:
Journey to Wellness
Notice the Body
Shaping the Nervous
System Toward Relief
Attention & Distraction
The Mind & Pain Relief
Breath & Pain
RelieVRx offers a simple user experience at every step of the journey
1. At prescribing
After prescribing RelieVRx and sending the Rx to the Hub, the Hub will ship the device directly to the patient's home with easy-to-follow instructions.
2. Ready to Use
RelieVRx comes ready to use out of the box with preloaded content.
3. Returning the device
Patients will then return the device in the original packaging using the provided prepaid return shipping label.
Stay on the cutting edge of pain treatment by registering to receive updates about RelieVRx and educational information for you and your staff.Register
Indication for Use
RelieVRx is a prescription-use immersive virtual reality system intended to provide adjunctive treatment based on cognitive behavioral therapy skills and other evidence-based behavioral methods for patients (age 18 and older) with a diagnosis of chronic lower back-pain (defined as moderate to severe pain lasting longer than three months). The device is intended for in-home use for the reduction of pain and pain interference associated with chronic lower back pain.
There are no known contraindications.
- RelieVRx [instructions for use]. Van Nuys, CA: AppliedVR, Inc.; 2021.
- Garcia LM, Birckhead BJ, Krishnamurthy P, et al. Three-month follow-up results of a double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled trial of 8-week self-administered at-home behavioral skills-based virtual reality (VR) for chronic low back pain. J Pain. 2021.
- Garcia LM, Birckhead BJ, Krishnamurthy P, et al. An 8-week self-administered at-home behavioral skills-based virtual reality program for chronic low back pain: double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial conducted during COVID-19. J Med Internet Res. 2021;23(2):e26292. doi:10.2196/26292
- AppliedVR Press Release. Accessed January 18, 2022.
- Bak MS, Park H, Kim SK. Neural plasticity in the brain during neuropathic pain. Biomedicines. 2021;9(6):624. doi: 10.3390/biomedicines9060624
- Austin PD, Siddall PJ. Virtual reality for the treatment of neuropathic pain in people with spinal cord injuries: a scoping review. J Spinal Cord Med.2021;44(1):8-18. doi: 10.1080/10790268.2019.1575554
- Hoffman HG, Richards TL, Coda B, et al. Modulation of thermal pain-related brain activity with virtual reality: evidence from fMRI. Neuroreport. 2004;15(8):1245-1248. doi:10.1097/01.wnr.0000127826.73576.91
RelieVRx was formerly known as EaseVRx.